Skip to main content

Obama is Lying about Cost of New Fuel Economy Standards

In an article dated May 20, 2009, Drew Winter of Ward's Auto reports on an independent study of what the new Federal fuel economy standards will really cost consumers:

The Obama Admin. claims the stricter regulations will add $1,300 to consumers’ cost for a typical car or truck by 2016 and that those costs mostly will be offset by savings at the fuel pump over several years, but independent engineering firm Ricardo Inc. says the technology required to meet the new standards will add $5,000 to $12,000 to the price, depending on the vehicle’s size and use.

Ricardo is one of the auto industry’s top technology-consulting companies and provided technical support to the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. on the final 2009 light duty vehicle corporate average fuel economy rulemaking process.

Sandy Stojkovski, director-Total Vehicle Fuel Economy Practice, Ricardo Inc. presented a paper on the price impact of fuel-saving technologies at the recent SAE International World Congress in April. She says she does not know how the White House arrived at its conclusions.

(Emphasis mine.)

By the way, I think I know how President Obama reached the $1300 number: He made it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Lunges

Walking lunges have not been tried and found wanting; they have been found difficult and not tried. I borrowed this quote from G. K. Chesterton. Okay, he didn't really say this about walking lunges; he said it about Christianity. But up until 2008, in my case at least, it had been true about lunges, walking or otherwise. Here is what a walking lunge looks like: My coaches cause me to do three sets of twenty per leg, alternating between the left and the right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've always avoid doing lunges because, as Chesterton noted about Christianity, they are difficult! At first, I couldn't even stay balanced; I would fall over sideways, like the guy does in the second have of this "Goofus and Gallant" walking lunge video. But even after I could stay balanced, cranking out twenty reps per leg was and is very hard for me. Because of the weakness I have ... from avoiding lunges in the past. When I step onstage again in July,...

Hot and Sexy Big ass girls

There are very sexy and cute big ass girls images with very good resolution. visit here and get this nice hot collection with good resolution.    If you like to these images please comments here it is very important to us. Thank you for visiting here.

Upeksha Swarnamali

There are very large image collections of Sri Lankan famous Actress Upeksha Swarnamali with very good resolution. Visit here and download all hot images of Sri Lankan Actress & Models. Upeksha Swarnamali is a very famous actress in Sri Lanka and also She is very Hot & Cute. Now she has married.  And also She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party.There are large image collections for understanding her beauty with previous and nearly released images. Starting her carrier as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support ...