Skip to main content

Anglican Parish "Review" - Christ Church Anglican, Columbus, Ohio.

Let me tell you, I am ecstatic about having found this parish. Because of all that it is, my likelihood of spending future vacations in Columbus, Ohio has greatly increased!

My Sunday began at the really cool Bed-and-Breakfast place where I have been staying for the Arnold Classic bodybuilding Expo, with (what else?) ... BREAKFAST! Here is the dining room:



Had I known how easy the church was to find, I would have walked; it is only about 3/4 of a mile from the Bed-and-Breakfast, and it was a bright, sunny day in Columbus.

I arrived early, hoping to take some photographs of the church building. I was greeted by this sign, which included those favourite words of mine: "Traditional 1928 BCP" ... I knew that I was in the right spot!



The building was large and lovely:







The interior was simple, but lovely as well.





Inside, I was greeted warmly by three ladies who were discussing painting ... does it get any better than that?? I then met one of the three priests on staff, Rev. Wale Fafiade. I made my way to my "assigned pew" (i.e., the one exactly corresponding to where Cindy and I sit at St. Bartholomew's), and soon I heard a very excellent choir rehearsing in some distant room. This was going to be really good!

And, from the first notes of the opening Organ Prelude, to the last echo of the Postlude, the entire service left nothing to be desired. We said The Litany, something I don't get to do so often, which I loved. And we sung some gems, a few of them previously unknown to me, from The Hymnal 1940. At first, I feared attendance would be low, but many parishioners arrived just in the nick of time, before the Processional began, so the nave was well-populated by the start of The Litany.

The sermon was given by The Reverend Michael H Cochran, and he used for his text the Epistle for the Third Sunday in Lent (Ephesians 5:1-14). But Fr. Cochran also read us the first verse from the Revised Standard Version, which urges us to be imitators of God, and that was the great theme of his sermon.

The Offertory Anthem was wonderfully done by the small choir. I had a strong temptation to try to sing along, which I resisted!

Communion was in silent reverence, and afterward I remembered (on the 2nd verse) the bass part for "O Saving Victim", Hymn #209, which also pleased me.

The Recessional hymn was a favourite of Cindy's and mine: #61 (The Glory of These Forty Days), a most appropriate Hymn in Lent!

On the way out, I was pleased to meet the third priest on staff, the Reverend John Battison.

In all, a most wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning. My great hope is to visit again, but with my wife and children joining me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Lunges

Walking lunges have not been tried and found wanting; they have been found difficult and not tried. I borrowed this quote from G. K. Chesterton. Okay, he didn't really say this about walking lunges; he said it about Christianity. But up until 2008, in my case at least, it had been true about lunges, walking or otherwise. Here is what a walking lunge looks like: My coaches cause me to do three sets of twenty per leg, alternating between the left and the right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've always avoid doing lunges because, as Chesterton noted about Christianity, they are difficult! At first, I couldn't even stay balanced; I would fall over sideways, like the guy does in the second have of this "Goofus and Gallant" walking lunge video. But even after I could stay balanced, cranking out twenty reps per leg was and is very hard for me. Because of the weakness I have ... from avoiding lunges in the past. When I step onstage again in July,...

Hot and Sexy Big ass girls

There are very sexy and cute big ass girls images with very good resolution. visit here and get this nice hot collection with good resolution.    If you like to these images please comments here it is very important to us. Thank you for visiting here.

Upeksha Swarnamali

There are very large image collections of Sri Lankan famous Actress Upeksha Swarnamali with very good resolution. Visit here and download all hot images of Sri Lankan Actress & Models. Upeksha Swarnamali is a very famous actress in Sri Lanka and also She is very Hot & Cute. Now she has married.  And also She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party.There are large image collections for understanding her beauty with previous and nearly released images. Starting her carrier as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support ...