Skip to main content

QPM 35 years old

In the Monday Planary session, Professor Martin Fejer decided to give a history of the quasi-phase matching, instead of the “current topics” as he planned. He said while he was researching the topic---history of QPM, he found many things “surprise me” so “might be interesting to you.”

The history was fancinating. Especially I found that a research area can start so “fast” ----1961 SHG was demonstrated, 1962 the paper on birefringent phase matching was published-----yet takes so many years to develop and can continue for many years more.

QPM was first used by A. Szillagyi in 1976. Now there are new topics such as aperiodic QPM gratings. I find these two topics in the Monday morning sessison very interesting; slant quasi phase matching, which has the possibility of developing high power lasers, and fabrication of a new walk off compensationg BBO periodic structure using the room-temperature bonding technique, which generates twice the SH UV power of a bulk BBO with the same length.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Lunges

Walking lunges have not been tried and found wanting; they have been found difficult and not tried. I borrowed this quote from G. K. Chesterton. Okay, he didn't really say this about walking lunges; he said it about Christianity. But up until 2008, in my case at least, it had been true about lunges, walking or otherwise. Here is what a walking lunge looks like: My coaches cause me to do three sets of twenty per leg, alternating between the left and the right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've always avoid doing lunges because, as Chesterton noted about Christianity, they are difficult! At first, I couldn't even stay balanced; I would fall over sideways, like the guy does in the second have of this "Goofus and Gallant" walking lunge video. But even after I could stay balanced, cranking out twenty reps per leg was and is very hard for me. Because of the weakness I have ... from avoiding lunges in the past. When I step onstage again in July,...

Hot and Sexy Big ass girls

There are very sexy and cute big ass girls images with very good resolution. visit here and get this nice hot collection with good resolution.    If you like to these images please comments here it is very important to us. Thank you for visiting here.

Upeksha Swarnamali

There are very large image collections of Sri Lankan famous Actress Upeksha Swarnamali with very good resolution. Visit here and download all hot images of Sri Lankan Actress & Models. Upeksha Swarnamali is a very famous actress in Sri Lanka and also She is very Hot & Cute. Now she has married.  And also She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party.There are large image collections for understanding her beauty with previous and nearly released images. Starting her carrier as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support ...