Skip to main content

Life is a Poorly-Tuned Carburetor.



I know what you're thinking: Mr. Hot Rod Anglican, what IS that doohickey that looks like the head on the Lost In Space robot?

Dear Reader, it is the Power Valve from a Holley carburetor. And our neglect of it has been the hidden cause of much head-scratching around the Hot Rod Anglican Meteor Garage. It has caused a horrible hesitation in Eliot's engine, particularly under load (1200 - 1400 RPM) in 4th gear.

Finally, we changed to one with a stronger spring (10.5 in Hg instead of 6 in Hg, for those currently tuning their own Holley 4150s at home). What a world of difference that made! Now the mighty 302 runs fast and smooth enough to scare us when we step on the Loud pedal!

Like the power steering pump overheating problem (another affliction out of which we have seen a happy issue), it seemed like we had tried everything, and that the problem would never go away.

But, God wanted us to work harder on the problem before being rewarded with success. At long last, the success came. And we are wiser for having worked through the problems. I will also say that a day spent with my son tinkering with a poorly-performing car is better than a thousand days by myself with a perfectly-performing one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Lunges

Walking lunges have not been tried and found wanting; they have been found difficult and not tried. I borrowed this quote from G. K. Chesterton. Okay, he didn't really say this about walking lunges; he said it about Christianity. But up until 2008, in my case at least, it had been true about lunges, walking or otherwise. Here is what a walking lunge looks like: My coaches cause me to do three sets of twenty per leg, alternating between the left and the right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've always avoid doing lunges because, as Chesterton noted about Christianity, they are difficult! At first, I couldn't even stay balanced; I would fall over sideways, like the guy does in the second have of this "Goofus and Gallant" walking lunge video. But even after I could stay balanced, cranking out twenty reps per leg was and is very hard for me. Because of the weakness I have ... from avoiding lunges in the past. When I step onstage again in July,...

Hot and Sexy Big ass girls

There are very sexy and cute big ass girls images with very good resolution. visit here and get this nice hot collection with good resolution.    If you like to these images please comments here it is very important to us. Thank you for visiting here.

Upeksha Swarnamali

There are very large image collections of Sri Lankan famous Actress Upeksha Swarnamali with very good resolution. Visit here and download all hot images of Sri Lankan Actress & Models. Upeksha Swarnamali is a very famous actress in Sri Lanka and also She is very Hot & Cute. Now she has married.  And also She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party.There are large image collections for understanding her beauty with previous and nearly released images. Starting her carrier as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support ...