Skip to main content

'Splain That To Me, Lucy!

Okay, I'll admit to being a little slow at catching on to Anglican political posturing, but as I understand it, the Anglican leaders at the Lambeth Conference agreed to moratoria on:

(A) Consecration of actively homosexual bishops and same-sex blessings;
(B) Incursions into the U.S. by foreign archbishops/primates.

Did I get that right? Because it strikes me as odd.

Here's an analogy that explains how I see it:

The Firemen and the Arsonists

In my analogy, bishops are like firemen. They are responsible for putting out the flames of heresy wherever they may appear. The primates (or, in the U.S., the Presiding Bishop) are the Fire Chiefs. But in The Episcopal church, way more than half of the firemen have given up on putting out the flames of heresy, and have gone over to the other side: they are now arsonists, setting congregations and dioceses alight with the flames of heresy. The Presiding Fire Chief herself is actively engaged in burning down the buildings of Scripture, Tradition, and Reason.

Some foreign firemen have noticed this, and have received calls from many in the U.S., whose houses of worship were ablaze with heresy, pleading with them: Please come help us put out these fires! Many of these foreign Fire Chiefs responded in the affirmative.

So, let me see if I've got this right ...

Lambeth has created some sort of moral equivalence between arson and the act of putting out a fire in someone else's jurisdiction?! That's the way it seems to me.

I guess my response, if I were one of the foreign Fire Chiefs would be: Okay, fine. You stop starting fires, and begin putting out the existing ones, and I'll stop coming over there to put them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Lunges

Walking lunges have not been tried and found wanting; they have been found difficult and not tried. I borrowed this quote from G. K. Chesterton. Okay, he didn't really say this about walking lunges; he said it about Christianity. But up until 2008, in my case at least, it had been true about lunges, walking or otherwise. Here is what a walking lunge looks like: My coaches cause me to do three sets of twenty per leg, alternating between the left and the right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've always avoid doing lunges because, as Chesterton noted about Christianity, they are difficult! At first, I couldn't even stay balanced; I would fall over sideways, like the guy does in the second have of this "Goofus and Gallant" walking lunge video. But even after I could stay balanced, cranking out twenty reps per leg was and is very hard for me. Because of the weakness I have ... from avoiding lunges in the past. When I step onstage again in July,...

Hot and Sexy Big ass girls

There are very sexy and cute big ass girls images with very good resolution. visit here and get this nice hot collection with good resolution.    If you like to these images please comments here it is very important to us. Thank you for visiting here.

Upeksha Swarnamali

There are very large image collections of Sri Lankan famous Actress Upeksha Swarnamali with very good resolution. Visit here and download all hot images of Sri Lankan Actress & Models. Upeksha Swarnamali is a very famous actress in Sri Lanka and also She is very Hot & Cute. Now she has married.  And also She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party.There are large image collections for understanding her beauty with previous and nearly released images. Starting her carrier as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support ...