Skip to main content

Will Barbie Save The Episcopal Church?

This essay from Walter Russell Mead is well worth reading.

Here are a couple of paragraphs that resonated with me:

On the other hand, we did successfully vet the lyrics of the 700-plus hymns in our hymnbook for ’sexist’ lyrics. We have repeatedly made certain that the world understands that we think that poverty, injustice and war are wrong. There is no fashionable virtue that we don’t praise, no unrealistic aspiration of the foundation left that we don’t sprinkle with holy water. Our procedures and our canons are among the most complex and recondite in Christendom. We tithe mint and dill and cumin while the house is burning down.

I hate to say this, guys, but I think God mocks us and holds us in derision. I think the disasters we have already experienced and the much greater ones that are coming closer every day are signs of his wrath. I think he is giving us the taste of wormwood and gall: he’s letting us face the full consequences of our own silly deeds. He waited patiently for decades as we frittered away the inestimable riches and advantages accrued over centuries. He bore our hypocrisy — incompetent busybodies and Mrs. Jellybys lecturing the rest of the world on how to manage its affairs as our own household fell progressively into deeper disarray — and our general inconsequential messing around with low priority issues like ’sexist’ hymn lyrics as our seminaries edged steadily closer to bankruptcy. But we’ve exhausted God’s patience and spent down our endowments. The Bailiff of Heaven is knocking at our door; the notice of eviction is in his hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Lunges

Walking lunges have not been tried and found wanting; they have been found difficult and not tried. I borrowed this quote from G. K. Chesterton. Okay, he didn't really say this about walking lunges; he said it about Christianity. But up until 2008, in my case at least, it had been true about lunges, walking or otherwise. Here is what a walking lunge looks like: My coaches cause me to do three sets of twenty per leg, alternating between the left and the right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I've always avoid doing lunges because, as Chesterton noted about Christianity, they are difficult! At first, I couldn't even stay balanced; I would fall over sideways, like the guy does in the second have of this "Goofus and Gallant" walking lunge video. But even after I could stay balanced, cranking out twenty reps per leg was and is very hard for me. Because of the weakness I have ... from avoiding lunges in the past. When I step onstage again in July,...

Hot and Sexy Big ass girls

There are very sexy and cute big ass girls images with very good resolution. visit here and get this nice hot collection with good resolution.    If you like to these images please comments here it is very important to us. Thank you for visiting here.

Upeksha Swarnamali

There are very large image collections of Sri Lankan famous Actress Upeksha Swarnamali with very good resolution. Visit here and download all hot images of Sri Lankan Actress & Models. Upeksha Swarnamali is a very famous actress in Sri Lanka and also She is very Hot & Cute. Now she has married.  And also She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party.There are large image collections for understanding her beauty with previous and nearly released images. Starting her carrier as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support ...